Welcome to TURNDOG TALKS TO: the time of the week where I interview people with a story to share.
A few months ago I spoke with Mitch Joel of Twist Image/Six Pixels of Separation for The Successful Mistake. I was giddy with excitement because Mitch is a man I highly regard as one of the better marketers around. Simply put, he speaks sense!
We discuss overcoming mistakes and what it means to grow, and you should watch because anything Mitch graces should be devoured by your good eyes. Enjoy!
When Google wanted to explain online marketing to the top brands in the world, they brought Mitch Joel to the Googleplex in Mountain View, California. Marketing Magazine dubbed him the “Rock Star of Digital Marketing” and called him, “one of North America’s leading digital visionaries.” In 2006 he was named one of the most influential authorities on Blog Marketing in the world. Mitch Joel is President of Twist Image – an award-winning Digital Marketing and Communications agency (although he prefers the title, Media Hacker). He has been called a marketing and communications visionary, interactive expert and community leader. He is also a Blogger, Podcaster, passionate entrepreneur and speaker who connects with people worldwide by sharing his marketing insights on digital marketing and new media. In 2008, Mitch was named Canada’s Most Influential Male in Social Media, one of the top 100 online marketers in the world, and was awarded the highly prestigious Canada’s Top 40 Under 40.
The Interview Overview
- Mitch takes us back to when he owned a Record Label but decided to leave for ventures anew – a few weeks before the band he signed hit the big time.
- He chose Twist Image because his gut told him to, and as such it’s hard to look back with regret because he did what felt right
- We discuss weighing up decisions, but how Mitch says NO: do what feels right.
- It’s not about money or fame, but what you want to do and what feels like the right journey to take
- He finishes by saying we should say yes more, and that nothing happens if all you do is say no
Thanks for dropping by and joining us for this marvelous edition of Turndog Talks To
Have a most lovely day,
Tundog – @turndog_million