Welcome to TURNDOG TALKS TO: the time of the week where I interview people with a story to share.
Today I’m delighted to welcome a lovely person, mind, and presence to Turndog Talks to, in the form of Erin Blaskie. Erin’s one of the first people to rock the Virtual Assistant World, and these days she provides great advice, writes, and generally helps those online become better at what they do. This interview is fine indeed, as we discuss mistakes and overcoming adversity. And yes, this is in aid of The Successful Mistake.
Without further ado, here’s Erin and her lovely self.
Erin Blaskie first got into computers when her dad handed her a Commodore 64. She was six years old. When the Internet became widely available, Erin started an online journal on the platform Open Diary and began sharing her thoughts with the world. She hasn’t stopped over-sharing since. In the ten years since starting her first online business, Erin has helped numerous businesses come online, establish their web presence and create community. Erin’s primary expertise is in creating solid systems and processes for businesses but she also leads clients to leverage the power of the Internet to nurture community, create culture and inspire change. Erin has worked with companies such as Disney, Post, Kraft, Travelocity, Microsoft Canada, Ford Canada, PepsiCo., 3M, Maple Leaf Canada, Canadian Tire, Alliance Films, Feld Entertainment, The Body Shop, TD Bank and more.
The Interview Overview
- Erin talks about her big mistake of growing too fast and hiring the wrong people
- She discusses the issue of saying yes too much, growing faster than you can keep up, and being forced to hire new positions – rather than waiting and searching for the right individuals
- We consider the customer experience, and how Erin felt it was affected during this time
- So much emphasis was being placed on getting new clients and growing, that existing projects weren’t given the right attention
- This lead to Erin planning more and taking her time, and saying no, so long as it meant she was providing her best work for everything she said yes to
- Erin talks about growing with grace, not looking to become an overnight success (I for one, love this advice)
Thanks for dropping by and joining us for this marvelous edition of Turndog Talks To
Make sure you join the conversation on YOUTUBE and SUBSCRIBE to the Turndog Channel – keeping you up to date with all interviews, trailers & other cool videos from the world of Turndog Millionaire.
Have a most lovely day,
Tundog – @turndog_million