Welcome to TURNDOG TALKS TO: the time of the week where I interview people with a story to share.
Today’s wonderful and whimsical interview comes in the form of Dave Kerpen’s fine words – the man behind Likeable Media. Dave was one of the first people I came across on Twitter and knew he was the perfect candidate for The Successful Mistake. I wasn’t wrong either because this interview is full of great tips and inspiring ways.
Watch it and find out for yourself 🙂
Dave Kerpen is the CEO of Likeable Local, a social media software startup for small businesses, as well as the chairman and former CEO of Likeable Media, an award-winning social media and word-of-mouth marketing firm with triple digit revenue growth for 4 consecutive years. Likeable Media was named to both the 2011 and 2012 Inc. 500 list of fastest growing private companies in the United States. In 2012 Likeable Media was named one of Crain’s Best Places to Work in New York City.
The Interview Overview
- Dave and I discuss culture, and how the essence of a company is VITALLY important
- He shares his mistake of innocently going over the head of a contact once
- It was a large client of his and he wanted to speak to the head boss man about social media
- Weeks later he lost this large client, his contact furious that he had gone above his head and contacted his boss
- We talk about ego’s and considering life in your clients, suppliers, customers’ shoes
- Dave discusses how it’s lead to a new approach to client research and the questions asked – how innocent bliss doesn’t make you innocent
- We consider learning and how you never truly stop, and how culture is important not only for your company and brand, but is important to those around you too. You must always consider this, who you work with, and whether the fit is right
Thanks for dropping by and joining us for this marvelous edition of Turndog Talks To
Have a most lovely day,
Tundog – @turndog_million